Our end goal is to help you make sure that the product experience is tightly aligned with the overall product strategy, key customer scenarios, and desired customer outcomes. Key aspects covered in the Product pillar are:
- Strategy: Understanding the market type, customer segments, customer value proposition, monetization model, product scope, and roadmap based on market and customer data already gathered.
- Scenarios: Customer scenario definition and prioritization guided by desirable customer outcomes, personas, and the customer journey mapped across the entire value chain.
- Experience: Overall experience spanning the UI model, experience structure, information hierarchy and its presentation, customer onboarding, and notifications.
- Metrics: Defining and deriving key product metrics and insights such as the performance of the product against top customer outcomes, user funnel, task completion rates, customer sentiment, and so on.
Our end goal is to help you make sure that your technology foundation is well-matched to your product needs; your platform is secure, robust, and scalable; and your entire system is architected for the long-term. Key aspects covered in the Technology pillar are:
- Platform capabilities: Deriving the core set of platform capabilities required to support the product definition and experience.
- Fundamentals: Articulating clear requirements and plans for system basics such as availability, reliability, scalability, manageability, security, privacy, and globalization.
- Back-end architecture: Putting together a service-oriented, modular design that meets the goals for performance and availability along with clear understanding of the component interactions and information architecture.
- Technology stack choices: Reusing appropriate pre-existing technologies for the core building blocks as much as possible and identifying additional services and components that need to be built around this foundation.
- Front-end design: Making the right choices for front-end technologies to maximize feature agility and minimize cross-platform burden.
- Instrumentation: Planning for the right level of instrumentation in the back-end and front-end systems to provide detailed telemetry that can be analyzed to extract insights.
PROCESS & SYSTEMS
Our end goal is to help you make sure that the business processes, systems, tools, and engineering processes required to build, deliver, support, and improve a high-quality solution or product in an agile fashion are in place and operating well. Key aspects covered in the Systems pillar are:
- Business processes: Assessing and optimizing existing business processes as well as exploring and defining new processes that lead to greater business success.
- Customer development model: Defining the process and capabilities needed to rapidly iterate and improve your product based on customer feedback.
- Engineering with agility and quality: Operating with an agile development methodology by utilizing the appropriate continuous delivery pipeline, DevOps tools, and quality assurance model.
- Health monitoring: Establishing the plan and system for real-time reporting of availability and reliability, with rich diagnostic capabilities and capabilities to provide a deep understanding of its performance characteristics.
- Operational systems: Establishing the plan for the various operational systems and engineering processes used for managing your service infrastructure, deployment, service failures, disaster recovery, and so on.
- Insights: Deriving product and customer insights based on analysis of user telemetry as well as other sources of customer data to help refine your product and strategy.
- Customer support & community: Putting in place systems and processes for supporting customers and engaging with them to learn from their feedback so as to build a community of loyal customers.